Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scans use powerful magnetic fields and radio waves to get an image of your organs. It is used for diagnosis and does not use radiation like X-ray and CT scanning.
MRIs Can Be Used For Diagnosis Of:
- Blood Flow
- Brain Disorders
- Cardiac Malfunctions
- Liver or Bowel Disease
- Shoulder and Knee Injuries
- Spine Diseases
- Tumor Detection
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is an imaging diagnostic system using radio waves, a magnetic field, and a computer to visualize internal organs of the human body and obtain diagnostic information. An MRI displays images of the body in “slices” similar to that of a CT scan, but it is also able to reflect greater contrast between different types of body tissues.
MRI images are produced without the use of radiation and there are no known side or after-effects. The procedure is painless, noninvasive, and you won’t see or feel anything during the exam. A faint knocking sound will be heard, which is the imaging process in operation. In some instances, contrast agents, such as gadolinium, are used to enhance certain anatomical structures and increase the diagnostic accuracy of the images.
Magnetic resonance imaging is used for virtually all parts of the body and is one of the advanced imaging techniques utilized at Preferred Imaging. In addition to its use to view precise details of the head, neck, spine, muscles, joints, and bones, it is also used to image the chest, abdomen and pelvis. Frequently, the differentiation of abnormal (diseased) tissue from normal tissues is better with MRI than with other imaging modalities such as X-ray, CT, and ultrasound.
Hitachi Airis II Open MRI
A Breakthrough In MRI Technology
- Spacious Wide-Open Air Design reduces claustrophobia and patient anxiety for greater comfort
- New concept magnet scanner completely open on all sides, which allows constant and direct access to the patient by both the technician and a family member
- Advanced technology for superb image resolution and tissue contrast with a shorter scan duration
- Extremely quiet – no noise feature with music availability
- Designed for all patients up to 325 lbs., including children
- Prompt 24-hour accurate reports
- Operating field strength is 0.7T and magnetic field orientation is 43cm vertical height
Contra Indications for MRI Exams: Aneurysm Clips, Neurostimulator, Cochlear Implants, Pacemakers, Pregnancy, Sharpnel, Heart Valve Implants, Metallic Fragments or Implants